2019 Mid-Atlantic Junior Choir
Rehearsal & Concert, Saturday, February 16, 2019
The Mid-Atlantic Junior Flute Choir offers advanced young flutists in grades 6 through 8, who have been studying privately for a least one full year, an opportunity to perform at the Mid-Atlantic Flute Convention.
This Junior Flute Choir is unique in that its young members will work with and be directed by the composer of the composition performed, as well as perform alongside an adult piccoloist and low flute section drawn from established flute choirs. In addition, this choir serves as an introduction to the Mid-Atlantic High School Flute Choir.
With each year comes a SURPRISE for this choir, and 2019 holds a very special surprise.
Alexandra Molnar-Suhajda Baldwin
has been commissioned to write specifically for the 2019 Junior Flute Choir!
- Discuss your participation with your Private Flute Teacher
- Mark your calendar for Saturday, February 16, 2019. There will be a rehearsal and pre-concert warm-up. Time TBA. All members are required to attend both rehearsals in their entirety.
Participation is based on the following:
1. Studied privately for one full year
2. Private flute teacher’s online recommendation with a check list which includes:
- clear tone
- clean articulations
- good intonation and able to tune self
- range: low D to G3
- able to play chromatic scale and major scales up to 4 flats and 4 sharps
- rhythmic accuracy of dotted eighths/sixteenths and also even sixteenths
3. Submit an audio file (no video) to include:
- the G Major scale
- the D chromatic scale: articulation and tempo at the teacher’s discretion
- One (1) minute solo of choice (no less)
Link to upload recording will be sent to your private teacher.
4. Submit an online registration form
5. Student and private teacher must be a current member of The Flute Society of Washington, Inc. (student membership $10, full membership $20)
6. Register for the Mid-Atlantic Flute Convention by January 20, 2019. The student convention registration fee is $45.
7. Registration closes December 15, 2018, 5:00 pm.
8. After the student has registered for the Junior Flute Choir, the teacher will receive an email from the coordinator requesting the recommendation form to be completed. Please do not fill out a recommendation until you have received the email.
9. To offer the junior choir opportunity to as many students as possible, each FSW private teacher may recommend up to three (3) students.
Registration opens October 1, 2018
Click here to sign up
Click here to join FSW
Teacher Recommendation LInk